Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble micronutrient that acts as antioxidant agent in the body, helping to protect cells against damages caused by free radicals. Free radicals are compounds formed as the food you eat is turned into energy they are also generated by ambient pollutants like cigarette smoke, air contamination and ultraviolet radiation. Exposure to all these factors weakens your immune system, making you more susceptible to viruses or bacteria.
Furthermore, the body needs vitamin C to produce collagen, a protein involved in wound healing. Vitamin C also enhances the absorption of iron found in plant foods and contributes to the adequate functioning of the immune system, protecting the body against disease.
When Vitamin C and Zinc are taken together:
- Zinc + Vitamin C = protected immune system
- Zinc creates a barrier against viruses and bacteria that threaten to invade the body
- Zinc is a mineral everybody needs in order to stay healthy
- Zinc helps the immune system fight viruses and bacteria
- Promotes wound healing
- Required for proper sense of tastes and smell
- Daily Zinc intake is fundamental to strengthen the immune system of endurance athletes and amateur sportsperson exposed to changing temperatures and environmental conditions
VITAMIN C + ZINC + MAGNESIUM
Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body, including:
- Regulates muscle function
- Maintains normal nervous function
- Helps adjust blood glucose levels
- Regulates blood pressure
- Help making bone and protein
VITAMIN C + ZINC + MAGNESIUM +B1, B2, B6, B12
B Complex vitamins have an energy boosting effect and are essential to avoid tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B1: Necessary to convert carbohydrates into energy
- Vitamin B2: Involved in energy production
- Vitamin B6: Helps increase oxygen carried by hemoglobin
- Vitamin B12: Necessary to produce red blood cells
VITAMIN C + ZINC + MAGNESIUM + B1, B2, B6, B12 + ELECTROLYTES = IMMUNE FAST!